Saturday, June 20, 2009

LOL

Sabrina and I have an agreement.
She's allowed to have fast food once a week.
It started out as Fast Food Friday, but I have since thrown caution to the wind, and let her pick whatever day of the week she wants, to have fast food.

Last week, we were pulling out of the drive thru at Carl's Jr, when I glanced at the girls in the rear view mirror, and happened to catch a glimpse of Sabrina examining her arm.

"Sabrina," I said "How many times do I have to tell you to put lotion on your arms?"
"You really need to put lotion everywhere," I continued. "I tell you that ev-..."
"I know, I know," she interrupted me, "I have dyslexia!"
"What?" I said, confused.
"Sabrina, do you even know what dyslexia means?"
"Of course I do!" she said exasperatedly "It means I have really dry skin!"
After a couple of seconds of silence, I erupted into a fit of giggles so fierce, I almost had to pull over to avoid getting into a car accident.
"Mama, what is so funny?" she demanded.
After I caught my breath, I said "Sabrina, you don't have dyslexia, you have eczema!
"Oh," she said "That's what I meant, eczema."

When the giggles finally died down, I explained what dyslexia was, and told her that I wasn't laughing at people that have dyslexia, it was the confusion between the two words, that got me going.

LOL indeed. I haven't laughed that hard in years.

No comments: