Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Is it 2009 already?



Good Morning!
Wow, it's January...and it's cold, at least for SoCal, and well for me. I know, what a whiner, but I've lived here all my life, and it's usually pretty mild in the weather department during the winters. It's still lovely though.

I've decided I like January. I never have. I am one of those crazy Christmas people, who starts playing Christmas carols in October, and breaks out holiday decorations, as soon as November hits. So, I usually have major Christmas withdrawl once all the holiday hoopla is over. This year, however, the season really snuck up on me. The carols, the decorating, and well, the entire thing. When January first rolled around, I actually found myself looking forward to a new year, and gasp, my decorations are even put away! I may be hanging up the crazy Christmas lady apron, at least for a while.

It's crazy how retailers switch from one holiday to the next without waiting for the current holiday to end. I was shopping on Christmas Eve (another first for me) at Target, and to my dismay, and sort of delight, they had already started to display a few Valentines Day things. I was slightly put off, until I got a good look at the cuteness they came up with this year for V-day. I am partial to owls, and it seems I am not the only one. I picked up this cute little guy, along with some totally adorable place mats, and some hand towels for my bathroom.



I hesitated at first, since Christmas hadn't even happened yet, but then I came to my senses, and snatched these guys up. Yesterday, I happened to be at Target (again, yes I love that place), and what do you know, no cute owl stuff to be found....huh? It was January 6....! I hope they get some more, I am kicking myself for not getting more place mats.

I have not been sewing lately, not for lack of desire, but mostly for lack of time. I am inspired and ready to get back to it though, and will be making more home decor stuff, as I have really missed the aprons, dishtowels and such. Funny, since I am a lousy cook, and hate washing the dishes....hahaha! I will post pics of my new things, once I have some new things to share.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments: