Friday, January 16, 2009

Oh woe is me.....the laundry


Ugh....anyone who knows me, knows how much I detest doing laundry. I can stomach most domestic chores, but there is something about doing the laundry, that makes me want to hurl.

The thing with hating to wash the fam's clothes, is the pesky little problem, of not having anything clean to wear. I mean, the hubs shouting "Do I have any clean chonis (pronounced cho-nees, for the uni-lingual), at six in the morning, as he is scurrying to get ready for work, is not even enough for me to get my act together, and just wash the dang things already.

I don't know what it is. Since it's January and all, new year, blah, blah, blah, I figured I should at least devote a few minutes to pondering why, I almost need a death threat, to get the laundry done.

1. I like clean clothes.
2. Doing laundry equals clean clothes.
3. I do not like folding clean clothes....or dirty ones for that matter.
4. I do not like putting aforementioned clothes away.

The last two points equal this:

I have no shame! Sabrina's pink Christmas tree is also a casualty of my lack of motivation. See it's branches peeking out...Aye, ya, yay! What's a girl to do?
What I really need is a laundress, one that comes once a week, washes, dries, folds and puts away all our dirty clothes, all while I lounge on the couch eating bon bons and watching HGTV.

That would be the bomb, but since there is no chance of that happening anytime soon, I am resigned to doing this lousy task myself. So, I will resolve to do the laundry, at least every three days, so I don't end up with laundry baskets full of grotey clothes, I am loathing to wash, and wanting to cry my eyes out.

For now, I will channel the domestic-laundry-loving-goddess that is buried deep within me...so deep that only a crowbar, and the hub's bribe of a dinner date, if I promise to wash his chonis, will unearth.

2 comments:

Mari said...

you crack me up!!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Haha! You crack me up.

I actually just posted a picture of my huge laundry pile yesterday.