Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Boo-tay Call

Frida Kahlo and Minnie Mouse last Halloween.
No correlation between this photo and this post. It's just a spunky pic, ya know?


Sabrina caught a cold last week, and stayed home from school on Friday.
She wasn't totally "out of commission" sick, but had all the standard cold-like symptoms. Congestion, sore throat, cough.

Since Chloe catches pretty much everything, I quarantined Sabrina to the far side of the living room, where she could hack to her hearts content, and I wouldn't nag her too much about staying away from her sister.

Sabrina, agreed to the quarantine, on one condition.
"You know I don't do deals, Sabrina," I told her.
"It's not a deal mama," she said
"I just want to bring my bean bag chair into the living room."

Pay no mind, that there is a perfectly good chair, expressly for the purpose of sitting, curled up with your blankey, when you don't feel good.

We went back and forth for a few minutes, until finally the bean bag won out.

She dragged it, along with the book she was reading for school, to her little "corner" of the room, and happily ensconced herself in it's comfy embrace.

About an hour went by, maybe more, and things were quiet.
The television was on, but Sabrina, Chloe and I were each doing our own thing.

"I'm sorry Boo-tay," I heard Sabrina say.

At first, I thought I heard her wrong.

"Sabrina," I said, "Did you just apologize to your butt?"

"Yes, mama," she said nonchalantly.

"Why, in the world, would you need to say sorry to your booty," I ask.

"Well," she said matter of factly "I took a break from sitting on my bean bag, and was sitting on the floor, but after a while my booty started to hurt, so...," her voice trailed off. "I just thought I should say I was sorry."

"What?" she said, as I looked at her, my eyebrow raised,
"Why are you looking at me like that?"

She promptly got up from the floor, and plopped herself back onto the bean bag chair.

"Ahh," she said, "that's better."

Hooray for beanbags.

2 comments:

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

hahaha!!

Everyone should apologize to their booty at least once in their lifetime.

I might apologize to mine for allowing it to become so large.

Vanessa and Company said...

LOL!! I definitely need to apologize to mine for it's, ummm, curvaceousness, yeah, that's it!